In many classrooms, 5-9 hours per week are wasted on low-level discipline issues such as lack of respect, eye-rolling, back-talking, and challenges to authority. Even more time is wasted on tracking student behavior and paperwork. What if all that time could be used for teaching instead? This seminar will show you how. Contact me for more information.
“The school secretary noticed the difference as my class walked down the halls. Even my most extreme behavioral children are more manageable!” – Tracy M, Elementary Teacher, TWO DAYS after attending the seminar
This is not another “out of the box” program to implement. Instead, experienced classroom teacher Katrina Ayres will share her proven secrets for avoiding power struggles, creating a supportive classroom environment, and developing positive relationships with students.
YOU WILL LEARN:
How to Correct (Instead of Punish) Misbehavior
- Discover which misbehaviors to correct, and which to leave alone
- Learn the most effective way to give directions to students
- Learn how to eliminate warnings and repeated requests
- How to teach students to correct their own behavior
- How to reduce your discipline paperwork to almost nothing
How to Establish Routines
- Learn why the traditional approach to classroom rules doesn’t work, and what to do instead
- Determine how to effectively deal with students who don’t come to school ready to learn
- Discover the secret to keep students from constantly testing your limits
- Create effective classroom routines to minimize interruptions and increase instructional time
How to Create a Positive Classroom Environment
- Discover the one characteristic you MUST have when interacting with students (or it’s all over)
- Learn how to connect with every student, even in today’s overcrowded situations
- Discover the most important things to consider when setting up your classroom for optimal learning
- Determine whether a traditional or non-traditional room arrangement is right for you and your students
- Increase student participation and decrease discipline problems
…and MORE! Contact me for more information.